I had the pleasure of reviewing Sam Adams 2009 Utopias. Check it out:
- Originality within style (20): Come on – who else makes a beer like this? Not only is it COMPLETELY original, it’s marvelous.
- Nose (19): Can burn with a regular snifter, but is much less offensive out of the Riedel glass. Beautiful notes of vanilla, maple syrup, and sherry
- Mouthfeel (20): Full, syrupy goodness without being too heavy. Not carbonated – makes for a unique experience.
- Character (20): Insane. Vanilla. Maple Syrup. Super rich malt. Sherry goodness.
- Overall Quality (20): Are you kidding? What’s not to like? The fact that this beer INCLUDES a Riedel glass should give you a hint.
- Total (99): A World Class beer. Absolutely insanely marvelously awesome.
Beer: 2009 Utopias
Brewer: Boston Beer Co – Boston, Massachusetts
Availability: Extremely Limited Release (53 Barrels, 8000 bottles), nation-wide
Reviewed by: Jameson Huckaba (twitter: @jamesonhuckaba)